PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS JOB POSTING
If you have experience helping people with their computer issues in person or over the phone, then we may have the ideal position for you. Do you also have experience working in a heavily customer service driven industry? Please keep reading to determine if you’re a good fit for what we’re looking for in a System Engineer.
The ideal person we are looking to fill our position loves supporting people when they need help.
This is at the core of what we do at BridgePoint Technologies every day. We put the needs of the customer first. I know that sounds a bit cliché, but it’s true. Our core focus is to remove the burden of daily technology challenges that face our customers. This allows them to focus on growing their business, knowing that we have their best interests in mind. We believe in educating our clients, so they can make informed decisions about technology and how best to implement those within their organization.
Now if you don’t agree with what you’ve read up to now, then we suggest you stop right here because it’s likely not a good use of your time.
Since you are still reading, you must be the type of person that loves helping people and enjoy educating those you serve in order to make better decisions. We have a few more questions for you before you take time to send us your resume. Do you love being part of a fast-paced environment where you’re surrounded by like-minded driven individuals, and supporting companies that are growing at over 20% a year? Are you a team player? Specifically, are you the type of team player that appreciates an environment where you are encouraged to be transparent with your peers, and they are open and honest with you in return? Are you hungry for personal and professional growth? Are you confident and comfortable when working with clients, with the ability to empathize effectively regarding their request, enabling the successful troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolution of the issue at hand. We’re looking for someone who can work both proactively and re-actively, depending on the needs of the particular situation, on networks, desktops, laptops, applications, phones, tablets, and email. We’re wanting someone who has a passion for an advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems and a mid-level knowledge of networking and Windows domain environments.
Here’s a little bit more about what we’re looking for in a System Engineer. We are looking for someone that is
primarily responsible for delivering off-site project work and will also resolve escalated tickets. While at the BridgePoint office, you will act as a mentor for our Help Desk Support Team. If you love a fast-paced job with a variety of tasks, and simultaneous projects on the go, then this job is for you. This position requires some flexibility in work hours as there may be occasional and/or pre-scheduled evening and weekend work.
The System Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining our client’s networks. We are looking for someone well versed in server software configuration and hardware configuration/set up. You will be expected to influence and shape the professional services team and develop processes to continually improve service delivery. You will document your discoveries and recommend best practices.
Below is a list of non-technical and technical skills for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in support and management of network infrastructures
- Prior experience working for an Managed Service Provider
- Working knowledge of ConnectWise/Labtech
- Promptly responds to support requests from clients and internal staff regarding system support, applications support, connectivity issues, software installations, upgrades, etc.
- Perform the administrative activities associated with maintaining Windows 7/8/10 workstations and Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers, and 3rd party software
- Monitoring system and network components, analyzing performance, examine event logs and check system backup logs
- Ability to configure Firewalls, Access Points and Switches
- Perform Server Software configuration: Group policy, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Server, Virtual machines, SQL Server, IIS and WordPress Server
- Experience with Hyper-V and VMWare virtualization technologies
- Hands on knowledge of: Microsoft Azure, wide area networking, storage, wireless networking and thin clients
- Worked with vendors to support client end users
- Problem-solving abilities and consistently meets deadlines
- Builds positive and collaborative relationships with customers and coworkers
- Can prioritizes and follow-up on tasks
- Available for occasional off hours support and maintenance
- A valid driver's license and able to travel to customer locations
- Ability to support Ubiquiti Unifi and Synology NAS devices
- Certifications: Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, SonicWall, Network Security
- Microsoft Office365 and Azure
- Linux administration would be a plus
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSA\MCSE)
- A+ Certification
- NET+ Certification
- Network+, Cisco Certifications
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
THIS IS AN OPEN BOOK TEST: Please apply with your resume in PDF format with a cover sheet explaining why you think you are a great candidate and please include what you are looking to be paid. Thank you very much for your interest and we look forward to speaking with you soon!